Rowdy Little Cisco 2005 - 2010


Falling in love with a mini horse or a pony is an easy thing to do ... their cuddliness, their sweet faces, their cuteness, their funny antics, their curiosity, their irresistible charm ... no wonder we adore them! Thing about so many of them too is their friendliness - they are usually more confident and sociable than the bigger guys, making them easier to include in our day-to-day lives (who hasn't had their mini in the house, after all!!?)
Today's post is dedicated to Cisco (Rowdy Little Cisco) who was born on my front doorstep and into my arms 5 years ago this October. He died cradled in my arms a few days ago, on July 2. A tragic loss of a spunky beautiful, trusting and gentle little stallion - whom everyone who visited the ranch came to know and love. Hard to believe that this healthy little horse of boundless energy, enthusiasm and zest for living is no longer with us. Yet, his big strong spirit and heart permeate the ranch still ... and when I glance up quickly from my computer to look at the herd, I see him just fleetingly, with those unmistakable brown and white markings, his tail swishing, his tiny hooves carrying him on joyous gallops, to leave footprints on our hearts .... thank you Cisco, for everything you brought to our lives. Rest in Peace, my precious boy.